Marquette County is located in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, on the southern shores of Lake Superior. Marquette County is not only one of the best places in Michigan to live, it is also one of the best places in the United States – just ask any of the residents who live here. With various area attractions and plenty of things to do, it’s no surprise why Marquette County real estate is some of the most desired in Michigan. Whether you’re planning a trip to Marquette County or have recently moved here, here’s our list of top Marquette County restaurants to help you get acquainted with our charming community.
Top Restaurants in Marquette County
Marquette County has some fantastic options for dining. Below is a list of the best restaurants that can be found in the county and its townships:
- Marquette’s Downtown area is the main hub of fine restaurants. Try The Vierling Restaurant and Brewery looking out over the lower harbor; or the Lagniappe Cajun Creole Eatery with it’s colorful atmosphere and stick to your ribs food; Elizabeth’s Chop House offers a dinner experience with several courses of fine food; the Portside Inn is famous for their fantastic breadsticks with cheese dip; and amazing lunches are served upstairs at Doncker’s candy store or in the Northland Pub in the Landmark Inn.
- Brownstone Inn, Autrain. Brownstone Inn, located on Lake Superior, offers superior food and drinks, as well as spectacular views. Trail #417 groomed to the door. Call for hours and reservations.
- Thunder Bay Inn, Big Bay. Thunder Bay Inn offers guests casual dining in its restaurant/pub, which was built onto the historic Ford Hotel in Big Bay. Thunder Bay Inn offers fan favorites such as burritos, pizzas, and chili.
- The Up North Lodge, Gwinn. The Up North Lodge claims that their BBQ ribs are “almost” world famous – and I’d have to agree! Enjoy the best BBQ around in a large log lodge atmosphere. Located at Trail #33 trailhead. Kids eat free on Thursdays!
- Country Grill Pub and Eatery, Ishpeming. Country Grill is home to family dining and friendly service. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner all day in a charming and comfortable atmosphere.
- Jasper Ridge Brewery and Restaurant, Ishpeming. Jasper Ridge is known for serving up great food and fun, along with home brewed beer. The menu here varies widely, and features everything from Tex Mex to pasta.
- Baby Cakes, Marquette. Baby Cakes is a charming bakery, serving handmade breakfast food and lunch items, including vegan and gluten free options. Enjoy some of the delicious desserts with a coffee or tea from the full espresso bar, with a wide selection of fair trade coffees and teas to choose from. Or if you want more options for breakfast, try The Sweetwater Cafe on Third St. in Marquette. Delicious.
Search Marquette County Real Estate
If you are interested in Marquette County real estate, then you have come to the right place. I am Jennifer Cosco, and I will work with you to make sure that you find a home that is perfect for you. Give me a call or connect online to get started today!