Marquette County, located on the southern shore of Michigan’s Lake Superior, is the heart and soul of the Upper Peninsula. Marquette County is rich in history, with a small town charm that is undeniable and infectious. From stunning natural beauty to beautiful real estate, Marquette County has something to offer for everyone.
If you enjoy festivals and signature events that you won’t find anywhere else, then you’re in luck. Marquette County has some of the finest festivals and events that you’ll find anywhere.
Marquette County Festivals and Signature Events
Marquette County features many cultural organizations and signature events each year, including the following:
- Hiawatha Music Festival. This is the only event of its size and magnitude in the Upper Peninsula. This annual festival includes a variety of traditional music styles, including Cajun, Celtic, bluegrass, folk, blues, and more. In addition to local and regional acts, this festival also draws major acts to the main stage.
- Marquette Area Blues Society. This is a local non-profit organization that promotes music and culture throughout the Upper Peninsula. Look for events from this organization throughout the year.
- Marquette Arts and Culture Center. The center offers national exhibits each month, as well as various classes and workshops that are available to the public. In addition, they also host several music and lecture series throughout the year.
- Lake Superior Theatre. Be sure not to miss the engaging and entertaining performances at this lakeside theatre.
- Lake Superior Youth Theatre. Open to the youth ages 3 – 18 of the Upper Peninsula, this organization also puts on several performances throughout the year that are not to be missed.
- Marquette Symphony Orchestra. The Orchestra typically puts on four concerts each season, generally in September, November, February, and also May.
- Forest Roberts Theatre at Northern Michigan University. Enjoy a wide variety of productions at this theatre, ranging from performances of the classics, to comedy, to Broadway.
Search Marquette County Real Estate
If you are interested in learning more about Marquette real estate, then you have come to the right place. Feel free to contact a member of our team directly for more information, or to schedule a tour of available properties. Call or connect today to get started!