Marquette County, Michigan is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in the United States. Nestled on the shores of Lake Superior, it is easy to get drawn in to all that the area has to offer. In addition to the lush and natural beauty of the area, Marquette County also offers an incredible arts and culture scene that is not to be missed!
Whether you’ve just moved to the area or would like to pay a visit to our charming community, we’ve put together a list of some of the most popular arts and culture attractions in our area. From tours and art shows, to antiques and theater, we’ve got it all!
Marquette County Arts and Culture
If you are in the area, be sure to check out one of the many tours that Marquette County has to offer. Below is a list outlining some of the most popular arts and cultural events in the area:
- Several local festivals, including Harborfest, U.P. Folklife Festival, the Blueberry Festival, and the NMU Jazz Festival.
- Take a stroll through some of the area museums, many of which focus on the history and early beginnings of the area including the U.P. Children’s Museum. the Marquette Regional History Center, the Marquette Maritime Museum, and the Peter White Public Library exhibits.
- Tilden Mine Tours. Explore a still operational iron ore mine, and see for yourself just how iron ore is mined. Explore the plant where the ore is processed. Summer tours, Tuesday through Saturday. Call for reservations (highly recommended).
- Marquette Country Tours. With a specialty in historic sightseeing tours, as well as outdoor action adventures, these trips are sure not to disappoint and are perfect for groups both large and small.
- “Anatomy of a Murder” tours. These tours are self-guided, and allow you to take a tour of the sites associated with the filming of the 1959 classic film that was based largely on the novel written by a successful Ishpeming author. Maps for these self-guided tours are available through the Marquette County Regional History Center.
Search Marquette County Real Estate
These are just some of the perks to life in Marquette County! If you are interested in learning more about living in Marquette County or the available real estate here, then please feel free to directly contact one of our team members. We are truly glad that you have found us. Call or connect with me today to learn more about Marquette County!